2019 MHBC Volunteer Incentive Program (VIP)
Would you like to ride for free? Would you like free MHBC jerseys and gear?
Volunteer and earn credits towards future MHBC rides, jerseys, and more!
Starting our 9th Year:
VIP continues with a simplified points system and provides greater flexibility for volunteers to redeem their points.
Who can participate in VIP?
- All volunteers, regardless of membership, will be tracked in the VIP system.
- Exceptions include individuals serving as part of an agreement in which their organization will receive a charitable donation in return for their service. MHBC Board members are also exempt from the program.
How does it work?
During the 2019 ride year (October 2018 through the BCB100 in October 2019), the following volunteer efforts will be tracked and rewarded:
- volunteering for the BCB Training Team
- volunteering at special MHBC programs
- formally representing MHBC at area events
- working on special projects (e.g. mailing inventory, making phone calls, etc.)
Simplified Points System
Every volunteer opportunity will be listed as a specific level. Each level earns a different number of VIP points. All volunteer opportunities are Level 1 unless designated otherwise.
- Level 1 - 10 points - applies to most volunteer opportunities
- Level 2 - 20 points - for more time-consuming jobs or jobs we advertise as urgently needed
- Level 3 - 40 points - for countless hours of service (e.g. planning or coordinating event rides from start to finish and not being able to ride).
Reward Points Redemption
Redeeming your VIP points is easy! Volunteers may spend their points at any time during the calendar year. Points can be redeemed for MHBC merchandise, as payment credit toward one of our club rides or membership renewal.
Points are worth $0.50 each. Example point values: