Creating a Better Community Through Bicycling in the Greater Memphis Area.
Memphis Hightailers Bicycle Club envisions an inclusive, diverse and accepting community where people of all ages and backgrounds bicycle to work, to get around, and for fun and for health and where bicycling brings people and neighborhoods together in the Greater Memphis Area.
1. Education: To educate the Greater Memphis area on bicycle safety and awareness.
2. Presence: To increase the visibility of the Memphis Hightailers Bicycle Club to reach a broader audience.
3. Community Partnership: To cultivate a community of bicyclists and non-bicyclists who respect each other on the road or trail and support a broad-based coalition promoting bicycling as part of a larger vision of healthy, sustainable, and connected living.
4. Engagement: To engage more people of all communities, backgrounds and ages to cycle regularly and safely for transportation, fitness, recreation, and daily activities.
5. Infrastructure: To help expand and improve infrastructure facilitating safe and convenient cycling.